Saturday, February 5, 2011

B:TB&tB development

B:TB&tB development

O.K. let's start with some development pieces I did before I was hired on to the show. My friend Brandon Vietti brought my work to producer James Tucker's attention and arranged for me to meet with James. When I met with James, he told me they planned take Batman away from the grim and gritty version and back to the Silver Age version of the character that artist Dick Sprang made popular. The Brave and the Bold was to be as if the opening title sequence of the Adam West T.V. show, was the whole show. This sounded really cool to me. James and I talked about what influences for the color that might be incorporated in to the show: the aforementioned Adam West show, Jack Kirby comics, the original Star Trek television series, 1950's sci-fi book covers, the art of Kiraz, etc. At this point, there wasn't any background layout artists on staff yet, so I was given two background drawings from the previous series James produced, "The Legion of Superheroes". Off to work I went.

"Batman: The Brave and the Bold" ™ Warner Bros. Animation

No comments:

Post a Comment