Friday, February 11, 2011

B:TB&tB episode 3


B:TB&tB episode 3
Originally uploaded by William Joseph Dunn
For the underwater section of Atlantis, I took a look at Disney's 1954 film "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea". I like how the Technicolor process "pushed" color on Disney's live action movies. I also took a peek at "The 7th Voyage of Sinbad" from 1958 again. Along with the original Star Trek series (which I bought the box set of at this time) these were films I grew up watching and revisited while working on Brave and Bold. I think what I like about these films was the fact that they were obviously shot on sets and didn't look "real" at all. They were so stylized that they made up their own reality. I think that mindset lent itself to Brave and Bold perfectly.

"Batman: The Brave and the Bold" ™ Warner Bros. Animation

No comments:

Post a Comment